Thursday 27 October 2016

That's the way (uh huh)

I was so sleepy as I finished my post last night it was only after I'd published it I realised I'd meant to write 'place' not 'way' in the title. Oh well, I give thanks what I actually typed works too...

I give thanks I'm getting better at bathing. I've been allowed to for just over a week now but am sometimes too stiff and sore to try, and even though I can't have fragrant bubbles and struggle to maintain a suitably comfortable position for long, the warm water is so soothing and relaxing for the pain. After blogging yesterday I thought I'd try a quick dip and was just running the water when my neighbour from upstairs knocked on the flat door. I thought something must be wrong as she's home alone at the moment and wasn't keen to find out what...but she asked me if I wanted anything from the shop which is not a question I've ever been asked by a neighbour here! I said no thank you and then wallowed in delicious silence for several hours (which was even more of a treat!) as from the sounds of her trying to get in when she finally came home I reckon as many of her purchases came back in her bloodstream as well as her chinking bag.

I give thanks for Julie agreeing to facilitate a trip to the Post Office and back today. It feels as if the help I need right now is help getting back to doing things without help...but it's a transition that does need some assistance! I got washed and dressed (obviously) and sorted out various things that needed taking out or down the stairs...and carried them downstairs...walked from being dropped off more or less outside to inside and waited in a short (mercifully swift moving) queue alone and unaided. I give thanks when I got to within sight of the counter one member of staff collected my stuff to collect while another dealt with my stuff to send, and just when I was feeling absolutely stuffed Julie arrived to collect me and my packages and walk me to a restorative seat so I could regain my strength to get cash and get back to the car while she popped to the Co-op for a pint of milk for me. And then when she dropped me back home I declined any more help and got my bags and myself back up the stairs by myself too! None of this may seem like much to fit and strong readers but it felt like a great big achievement to me and I was very grateful to have achieved it!

I give thanks for a quick lunch and a very slow afternoon curled up almost comfy on my bed with some new books and old daydreams, and a little snooze or two

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics