Saturday 15 October 2016

Unsticking to the schedule

I give thanks for getting so comfortable on the sofa last night I could feel no pain at all for a while. I enjoyed the feeling of 'Hey, I've cracked this thing!' too, although as soon as I moved that illusion was shattered... I give thanks that though I couldn't get comfy in bed at all I had Boredpanda and the crossword app on my phone to keep me occupied into the early morning without having to move much at all.

I give thanks for not having to do any emergency washing so far today...but that Laura came round with some bits of shopping she'd picked up on her weekly grocery trip and offered to wash and change my bedding anyway. I give thanks for the fast cycle on my machine...and that I'd just managed to process the last lot of laundry to that the rack was empty and ready! For having the dishes done and the worktops cleaned so I've got space to make a mess again...either cooking or clearing up is possible but not yet both on the same day...

I give thanks for Liz going to see if any mail had turned up for me at the Post Office especially as it hadn't so it was a fruitless exercise for her. Oh well, no news isn't bad news any way... I give thanks for people's great kindness and thoughtfulness at this unexpectedly incapacitated time. I give thanks I can no longer remember what physical capability feels like, so I can't really miss it. I give thanks that my mental capabilities can be applied to the multitude of difficulties in the situation I'm in.

I give thanks for the internet, and for internet connected TV so even though I'm a slave to the horizontal I don't have to be a victim of live schedules too...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics