Thursday 13 October 2016

Easier does it

I give thanks for the unconsciousness of sleep. Though my last thought and my first are 'Ouch!' or something in a similar vein but less polite, the bit in between is a blessing...

I give thanks for finding a position this morning in which I could feel no pain anywhere and thus staying quite still for way past morning tea time, really should go and check if there's any calls on my landline phone time etc etc. What a blissful hour! Of course it didn't last...and when I did get up it was back to 'How can I live with this?' again. But there have been times here and there today when it has eased off enough to be able to walk around, slowly, but not holding on to things...so it has been easier to live with, physically and mentally. Good days and bad days are one things, but bad days and worse days are hard to bear for weeks at a time.

I give thanks for slicing some bread! Huge breakthrough...and a sign that for the most part my tummy is healing well. I give thanks for dealing with the bits that aren't. It is a tremendous challenge every time, not just due to my great squeamishness but the precariousness of their position and the proximity to other things going on on my tummy that on the whole don't mix well with wounds.

I give thanks for having an unusual urge to turn the sound on on my mobile after I'd finished today's protracted episode. It's usually off because I can usually see if anything is going on and it's not like anyone usually rings me. Two minutes later I heard the faintest tinkle and realised someone was ringing me, and the volume was turned down very low. It was Jo the community nurse who came yesterday and clued up on the conundrum thought I might be fretting about/with/due to dressings, and had come to offer some she'd got off a rep that might be easier. Reader, my life is so tragic at the moment I was actually excited! And even more so as I felt capable of going downstairs and letting her in! She's a curly girl, and therefore endowed with special powers. So special she offered to check through the post on the floor to see if any was mine and to take my rubbish bag down as she had no more clients to visit. I give thanks for curly hair...especially mine as right now as I can get away without doing anything with it for days and it hardly looks any messier than when I do!

I give thanks to Julie for a timely delivery of a bag of groceries, some mystery Flam jam (what fruit grows in January north of here?)...and for being a kindred spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics