Monday 24 October 2016

Gently does it

I sleep in fits and starts at night at the moment and I'm used to waking up for the umpteenth time to half light and wondering whether I might drop off for another hour or two. I give thanks there was nothing pressing to get up for today as the half light I woke to turned out to be darkness from low cloud and rain and the morning well on its way! I give thanks for the rumbling thunder.

I give thanks for doing a surprising amount of things eventually and gradually including getting up and dressed, washing my hair, cooking, washing up and having a bit of a superficial tidy. It's so easy to take these kinds of things for granted when they're easy but when they're not you realise what astonishingly complex and arduous tasks they are.

I give thanks that I have assembled some dishes for tea and that Rachel will come later and help me heat and serve them and serve me up a much needed acupuncture treatment after. I give thanks for roughly making my bed and gently lying on it til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics