Tuesday 25 October 2016

Linger on the pulse

I give thanks for last nights's curry medley including red lentil and veg something or other produced by me. I give thanks for eating it with Rachel, not just because she served it all up and washed up and dried up and put everything away, but because it's always a treat to eat with someone else who can wax lyrical over a legume!

I give thanks for her surprise when taking my pulses. There are way more ways to take them in Traditional Chinese Medicine than the modern Western sort, and the last time anyone in the latter discipline tested anything they were still muttering darkly over the results, but I've felt that things have been changing a lot in the last week or two and it's so good that someone agrees.

I give thanks that I had a little night reading to see me through some dark hours of pain later on. And for electricity, a bedside light, and no sleeping partner to disturb!

I give thanks for feeling remarkably human for a remarkable amount of today. There've been times when I've moved about not exactly normally, but like someone with a bit of a bad back not someone who can hardly move at all. And I've felt a little more able to do things and deal with things too, though I've still made myself do as little as possible as much as I can, as still seems the right thing to do. I give thanks my holes are healing so well now I actually phoned to cancel a nurse's visit instead of calling to beg one to come.

I give thanks for not winning a coat I had my eye on on eBay because I would have had to go over what I was willing to spend on something I'd not even seen. And for wondering whether to bid for another one today but not wanting to get caught up in escalating prices ...and then in the last ninety mins the vendor changed it to 'buy it now' at the original starting price which seemed a far better gamble so I did!

I give thanks for remembering there's a whole serving of last night's tea just waiting to be heated up for this evening's...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics