Saturday 22 October 2016

Lazy mixed up kid

I give thanks for last night's (con)fusion supper of Tesco 'Mediterranean' veg and grains topped with a fried egg. Clearly not any part of the Mediterranean where I've eaten local food before but passable pleasant and pleasingly quick from conception to clean plate. Then fancying a bit of something sweet for afters I had half a Peshwari naan, shaking my head at the assertion of the narrator in a series of documentaries on Indie music that liking this or that was an either or. I guess I'm not an either or person, I'm an either or both is fine! I did, and still do, enjoy Dire Straits and Jesus and Mary Chain, Cocteau Twins and Ramones, 2 Tone and two violins soaring in harmony. I give thanks I'm independent of a tribe, have funnel hearing instead of tunnel vision and quite like a little bit of Marmite once in a very long while!

I give though the sciatica is still extremely painful a lot of the time, it's not excruciatingly painful nearly as much...which might seem to be a small change but which is huge when you're feeling it. I give thanks my abdominal abominations have been less heart wrenching and stomach churning which means less bodily organs in distress...including my brain!

And I give thanks for thus, one month after surgery, finally being able to have a properly lazy day as everyone could do with now and then but a convalescent person most of all. I give thanks spending my time doing only what is most essential or irresistible - drifting and dozing, reading and internet window shopping, snacking and cracking crosswords on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics