Monday 23 October 2017

All inclusive

Well, I give thanks for almost enough sleep last night...enough to feel up to getting up in time to get into the taxi to catch the train to Bob's anyway which was the main thing!

Half term travelling can be a tad fraught so I give thanks, though packed, the journey was peaceful and punctual and for nice people next to me including a man who opened my water bottle when I was struggling and a woman who gave me a lovely creamy mint. Also for the Dale Winton-esque station voiceovers so we went through 'bijou' parkway and 'pulsing' city centre!

I give thanks for the trackside sights of the journey - a field of pumpkins, and balls of mistletoe in the trees, a man fishing and a buzzard eating its lunch, magpies playing hopscotch in a station yard and herons, ducks and geese on the city canalside.


I give thanks for this beautifully multicoloured tree by the bus stop - a bit blurry but the bus arrived. For seeing Bob of course, and his new very spacious flat...and for him making me feel welcome and looked after there. I give thanks for the cafe he suggested going to for some lunch having kedgeree on the menu. No cheese, no beans, no potatoes, tomatoes, salad et al...and I like it so a no brainer then! I give thanks for a trip to the wonderland of Ozmen's supermarket where we got rose petal jam for breakfast and hummus and flatbread for tea. Oh and a Portuguese custard tart for me now I'm further from Portugal again and can find one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics