Monday 23 October 2017

Wake up and taste the roses

I give thanks Bob bought a bathplug yesterday and it fitted so I could fully test the facilities in his new abode...and for lighting a tealight when I couldn't and leaving it on the side of the bath in a candle holder I made him for his 21st birthday. I give thanks for remembering my 42 year old self making this, strapped for cash at the but working somewhere where we made decorative glassware so I had access to materials and knew what to do to create a unique gift on a shoestring.

I give thanks for a good long lie in and being ready for having my breakfast made at lunchtime, including toast with that rose petal jam...which, though not fragrant, tastes exactly like rose petals smell. You feel like you are in a summer garden - very strange but very pleasant!

I give thanks for an amble round a few shops and for not only finding a passable jumper for myself in a charity shop but for having someone else to carry it round for the rest of the day.

I give thanks people don't seem to be queuing round the block to see Blade Runner 2049, as this meant we could get the best seats in the lushest picture house at the most convenient time with no trouble at all. And I give thanks for them being the comfiest seats I have ever sat in in a cinema (pairs of reclining padded armchairs with little tables too!) and for it being probably the most visually satisfying film I have ever seen...Even if you're not a fan of the genre, if you get a kick out of 'just right' imagery get out there and see it right now!

It's not often I want to see a mainstream film enough not to wait til it's on TV, and for it to be one Bob wanted to see too and be showing when we were together was a lot of happy coincidence to be grateful for too...and now I'm happy to post this is my tea is being served!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics