Thursday 12 October 2017

Crafty manoeuvres

I give thanks for sleeping long and fairly soundly despite crafting my hands into a state of agony and incapacity last night. For surfacing late to bright sunshine and the thought that the doctors had until I was ready to leave the premises for somewhere nice to tell me to go somewhere horrid instead. Getting ready to leave the premises can take a while, especially when my hands are hurting, so I give thanks for getting it done in record time today!

Though I know some think this attitude irresponsible or incomprehensible, to me it makes perfect sense. I mean, what's the worst that can happen - dropping dead doing something enjoyable? Haha, no that's the best... though preferably not just yet when there are still a few enjoyable things I can do, and opportunities to do them. I'll be in their power soon enough, one more day avoiding orders is just what my inner doctor ordered today.

For a weather warm enough not to need to wear a jacket or coat...For a busker playing my favourite Hootie and the Blowfish song...For a rather pleasing subway mural...


For eggs on toast, practically the only cooked food readily available out and about that I'm actually allowed to eat...and finding poached ones!

For being in the mood for a little light retail therapy and finding some bits to buy. A novel in a bargain bookshop, some reduced price favourite incense sticks, a nice looking loaf from a baker's where they ask you 'Would you like that sliced?' and a plummy colour wool/cotton knit White Stuff dress, from a charity shop obviously, but still at a price to make me think twice - though I can think pretty quickly too!

And for those of you in a flap about my renegade behaviour. Yes I did talk to the doctors when I got home. Yes, they're still flapping...and I must away to the hospital in the morning. I give extra thanks for taking today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics