Monday 2 October 2017

As good as it gets

I give thanks for a cherry tomato with a small side salad today. The diet sheet suggests half an ordinary one but one of those cheery little taste explosions is so much more fun! For trying to be good with food in general...

I give thanks for the pastel sunset over the sea last night, with soft focus moon through the clouds. This evening it's been growing murky and grey and I give thanks for that too, because the sunshine earlier on made my spirit want to be outside but my flesh was not so keen.

I give thanks for taking it as steady and slowly as seemed to be required. For remembering not to mentally beat myself up for not achieving more...with the day... with my life. For contemplating on the concepts of achievement, and of judgement, instead. For making what I like to think is a rather pleasing little themed wordsearch puzzle for the Active Life Active Life month at the library. For the software on my laptop and the brain cells in my active mind that helped this hapoen...

I give thanks for getting some of the things done I wanted to do...and for not doing some of the ones I didn't. I guess that's just about as good as it gets for any of us really, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics