Sunday 8 October 2017

Sea worthy

Plan A for today was to go on a boat trip...and I give thanks we actually did! I give thanks for it being a 'real' boat trip, on the sea for the first (and probably only) time for me this year...and one of the best days of the year to do it, being unbelievably unseasonably bright, clear, warm and sunny.

I give thanks for finding a suitable excursion and Mima being up for driving us to and from the embarkation point. For seeing a stretch of coastline from the shore I never have before...and sailing into a harbour I've been to by several other means but have never managed to arrive at in that manner, despite plannng to a couple of times before. For swift slivery glimpses of dolphins and distant seals, and the strangest soothing rocking swell on the return journey though hardly a breeze to ruffle our hair. I give thanks we managed eventually to find something worth eating for lunch at our destination...and that in among all the predictable images of sparkling sea meeting matching blue sky I managed to find another view to snap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics