Sunday 29 October 2017

Big bang tea time

They promised us bigger and better fireworks than we'd ever seen on our little beach on an autumn evening before...and they weren't kidding! I give thanks for all the people involved in organising this always lovely local event whichever side of the river you enjoy it from. I tend to warn newcomers it's not a display as such - just an exuberance of rather random rockets - but this year was astonishing both in terms of quality and timing and I give thanks for getting myself there and back, exhausted though I was. I give thanks for meeting nice people, for the 'traditional' tartiflette (gourmet takeaways being a pleasant addition to proceedings), and for finding a spot on the edge of the walkway to take my tea and flapjack so I could sit down or stand up in a slightly elevated position as required.

I give thanks for catching a surprisingly good backyard display nearby as I neared home, and for no stray bangs after bedtime. For using the so called extra hour to get some extra rest before tackling all manner of domestic chores. For a cuppa and cake with Mima in the last of sun to warm the sand before it dipped below the horizon and the sea turned that special shade of blue. For living in a part of the world so rich in wonders and delights...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics