Sunday 15 October 2017

Beck and fall

I give thanks for the neighbours going out yesterday evening so I could fit in a quiet bath between tea and Beck. For remembering I had flapjacks cooking before I jumped in and remembering I had bath water running before I got stuck in to unsticking them from the tray!

For my internet connection, which had been wandering off earlier, coming back so it could start recording and I could catch up... and for managing a few rows of Rachel's jumper before my hand seized again and had to be strapped up for the night.

I give thanks for an afternoon out with Mima exploring a local 'apple' day which didn't seem particularly apple themed but had a pleasant atmosphere, pretty autumn scenery and passable weather for a shared picnic...plus the opportunity to say to a woman I'd never met before 'Do you mind if I kiss your husband?' as I had met him - we had been colleagues and friends some years ago but had long lost touch.

For steering ourselves successfully around places we didn't know well if at all, and astonishing good fortune with parking spaces. For still feeling in fairly good health, and able to enjoy out and aboutness. For spotting a bargain jar of lemon curd... and this giant spider!


I give thanks for this Albert Einstein quote on the Cambridge Buddhist Centre thought for the day.

A human being is a part of the whole called by us "universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest – a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of understanding and compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics