Monday 9 October 2017

Sum total

Heavens, I'd no idea sitting staring at the sea could hurt so much afterwards! I give thanks for the analgesic effects of exhilaration...and for not having to get up early for anything this morning after having to get up for pain killers in the night. Actually, to be honest, I give thanks for not having to get up for anything (other than a cup of tea) this morning, leave 'early' right out of it!

I guess, to be fair, I'd been suffering with my muscles, tendons and joints all week and if it had not been such a lovely day on Sunday, with such a lovely opportunity, I'd probably quite happily have stayed indoors and soothingly horizontal. And though tired and sore, I give thanks, as usual, for not feeling ill - I'm not nearly so good at being grateful when I do.

I give thanks for a quiet contemplative couple of hours followed by finding something nice I could make for lunch, and a long bath before the chaps upstairs (who never seem grateful) started stomping and crashing around... For giving my hands as easy a time as possible, so only doing the gentlest and most essential chores...and for getting on with some sums, bill paying and online paperwork as the daylight turned bright with that golden slanting evening light on the turning leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics