Tuesday 31 October 2017

One step back

I give thanks for guessing Rachel would arrive a bit early yesterday so I was nearly ready when she arrived an hour and a bit early. Her phone is set to a different time zone and somehow she'd managed to live two days without realising she was out of step with the rest of the country who'd put their clocks back!

I give thanks for the luxury of therapeutic intervention, the pleasantry of having a friend round for tea...and some rather nice food as well (though I say it myself!) I give thanks for not getting too relaxed in the evening as I had to get as prepared as possible for an earlyish departure to the morning's hospital appointment. I give thanks I was about but neither dressed nor out when they rang first thing to say the surgeon was sick and clinic was cancelled today. When they told me it might take a couple of months to get vascular access working I took it to mean in my body, not via the system in general but, hey ho, all these setbacks must mean I'm doing better than predicted eh? The changing plans and uncertainty is wearing on the nerves but they'd not hesitate to chop me about if they thought it was urgentn enough...(and I let them)

I give thanks then for an unscheduled day off from all the associated hassles and stresses of travelling to the city and back... and the strains on my finances that can ensue from all those compensatory treats! For a couple of painters coming back...and getting on with the job very quietly! No laddish banter echoing on the stairs, and no radio either which made a nice change as, like most people, I prefer silence or listening to broadcasts of my choice...

I give thanks for making dhal in the morning for my tea tonight, and not a lot else for hours... For having to pick up a prescription later, so I eventually dragged myself unwillingly outdoors...whereupon I felt much better than I had done stuck inside. I give thanks for some chatter in the veg shop and chemist, plus bargains at the supermarket including a Thai veg curry and rice reduced and needing eating up as dhal tastes nicer next day ;-)

Most of all though, I think, I give thanks for discovering the 'undo' button on Blogger will put back a part written post that clumsy keywork's wiped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics