Tuesday 17 October 2017

Just be couscous

I give thanks for spending some time visit planning with Bob...and whilst knowing not to set too much store by plans and intentions enjoying thoughts of possible good times to come.

I give thanks for last night's supper of garlic butter coucous. Some of the recipe ideas I'm coming up with, well they're pretty good...some I'd even willingly have again... but you probably wouldn't bother unless you were a late stage kidney patient, or one was cooking your tea! This is lush though and I'd eat it even if I could still have my fill of favourite ingredients.  So - for a small portion you melt a bit of butter (or something similar) in a sauce pan. Add a clove or two of chopped garlic and cook for a minute or two. I used smoked garlic...I recommend you do too! Then add a few spoonfuls of couscous (wholewheat is nice) and some chopped up parsley. Stir until the butter is absorbed, and then add boiling water to cover, turn off heat and let cook through.

I give thanks for the extra enjoyment of this dish that came from the guys upstairs being out...until I went into the kitchen to wash up and found either something leaking from their flat into mine or the roof problems spreading into that room. Cue sleepless night as the managing agents have also gone awol citing the freeholder is the cause!

I give thanks for making it to my morning bloods appointment on time nonetheless. For the blood taker being kind when she couldn't and while I was trying to make a merry quip about how ironic it was I'd hoped to merge this test with my vein scan tomorrow and avoid such hassle, merriness eluded me and I began to cry instead. For the light on the sea soothing me afterwards...


I give thanks when the phone rang later and I thought 'If this is about blood I'm going to get a little terse'... it was the estate agent re a viewing! Cue a trip up a ladder with a paintbrush and hair dryer later maybe? Maybe...if I have the energy which seems unlikely somehow. Apparently it's a man looking for a buy to let. Perhaps it's the freeholder coming for a snoop...or to offer me 2/6 (a historical monetary term)...just because he can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics