Saturday 14 October 2017

The rest of the week

The rest of the week having been rather demanding for a breaking down body, I give thanks for the 'rest of the week' over the past twenty four hours. I fell asleep after my bath, between the courses of my tea, after my tea and as soon as I made it to bed where I managed another eight hours or so...and still had lack of energy left to squeeze in an afternoon nap!

As long as I enjoyed the dish in the first place I often give thanks for leftovers, but I was especially grateful for the last of an experimental 'good' soup last night, with paprika and garam masala, smoked garlic and fresh chilli disguising the fact there was no flavoursome stock or tomato puree, the most boringly well behaved vegetables (mostly carrot and cabbage), a bit of soup mix and a couple of chopped up Linda Mac chorizo style sausages. Oh and a drop of that home made toffee sauce to deliberately make toffee porridge for my breakfast!


I give thanks this long running knitting project has been finished and...no, not thrown, gently folded into the bag of donations to the craft sale at the library. I've been working on it on and off for more than two years and have enjoyed many parts of the process, but am now enjoying moving on! Completing this task was the only non-essential one on my to do list for today and I give thanks summoning up some slovenly slothlike ways. For the sun coming out in the late afternoon for those who were out and about, and even those who like me who merely saw the brightness from indoors. For Beck on BBC4 later. For sorting out a bit more book swapping with Ann...and for virtual friendship and chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics