Friday 27 October 2017

Rise and shine


I give thanks for getting home last night in just enough time to make a chamomile tea, take my meds and fall asleep in time to be able to wake up before my alarm went off this morning, catch the pretty dawn and the bus to the hospital! I give thanks the consultant was impressed with both how much I've done with my 'time off' and the results of today's blood test. For attempts to reassure me that they will find a way into my dainty and diminutive veins somehow, but that it's good it's not quite as urgent as they feared as it's a bit of headscratcher exactly by what means...

I give thanks what seemed to be before my eyes as I whirled through the door yesterday morning was not a mirage, and there really are a team of chaps doing up the communal stairways and landings. Obviously they are the landlord's chaps so it's all as quick and cheap as can be...but there has been a bit of plastering as well as dobbing on of paint and it really does look loads better already. I'm not sure which of the heartstrings I've been tugging brought this about but it'll be a good thing for my next flat viewer, due on Monday, to see...as well as me in the meantime!

I give thanks for a picnic lunch in the wonderful warm sunshine on the cathedral green, taking my spoonful of post hospital visit potassium in the form of a fresh cooked falafel wrap from one of the food stalls in one of the pedestrianised areas and a spot of south west German inspired French patisserie. I give thanks for not eating it all at once as, after finding a surprising amount strength and energy for an extremely enjoyable and uplifting week, I am too tired to do much more than blink this evening and hand to mouth snacks will be handy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics