Thursday 19 October 2017

Filling in time

After a call from a meds supply company yesterday evening I give thanks for turning the phone off today. It seems the sicker I get the more running round (literal and metaphorical) I have to do, and I needed an hour or two off to lie in bed...catching up with on line bill paying and 'business' correspondence!

I give thanks around lunchtime I finally managed to get myself out and about again to deposit recycling in the big bins in the car park as we seem to be at an impasse with the council regarding emptying the communal ones here, and collect and process more prescriptions. I was scared while I was at the GPs they'd say they wanted more bloods or another trip to the hospital, and when they didn't and there was just a shared joke with the receptionist, I actually walked away down the path with a fearful glance over my shoulder. The nice long haired lady doctor who wears baseball boots (I'm not biased at all!) was following me out. 'How are you?' she called (Phew! Well enough to be asked not told!) She was a bit confused when I asked how she was in return, saying no one usually does...which we agreed is probably because patients don't see their GPs as people. I give thanks I always try to have a human exchange with all the medically employed personnel I encounter whether they're cleaning the floors or sharpening their scalpel blades prior to incision. They may sometimes be a little non-plussed when I do, but I reckon the world would seem to go round a lot more pleasantly if we all tried to remember a little more often that other people are people too.

I give thanks for passing a little time on one of my favourite occupations at Mima's. No, not eating delicious home made cake...that came after...for filling in holes in one of the exposed old plaster walls at her house. Quite why I love doing this so much I have no idea, but I have done a lot of it over the years and the delight I felt at having the opportunity to do a bit more was undiminished! I give thanks for being slightly helpful in the process, for a very nice lunch made for me, sweet treats from that lovely cut price lemon curd and a lift home afterwards in the very wet and windy weather.


I give thanks for finding some nice non-expensive buttons in town (before the rain) to replace the old man's coat ones on this otherwise lovely non-expensive vintage cardigan. There'd be a better photo if the flash hadn't stopped working on my camera, along with the print preview facility on my crossword compiling software...matters I must continue to work to solve after I've reinstalled the drivers for my printer which have also wandered off my laptop (again). I give thanks for the rich variety of problems that beset me, all the better the keep my brain on its toes, and to avoid dwelling on the more disturbing ones in unguarded moments of idleness...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics