Thursday 5 October 2017

This old thing

I give thanks for a good sleep last night. It was a long time coming, as sleep tends to be these nights, but it was a long one when it arrived. I give thanks I didnt have to be anywhere early today!

I give thanks for all this sunshine but there's a definite nip in the air and when I dug out some of my warmer garments they were looking rather old and tired, I thought. Obviously this means they match the person wearing them, but the person wearing them would rather not be reminded she may not be getting a lot more wear out of a lot of things! I give thanks for deciding I could justify buying a couple of new items which is half the battle - the other being finding stuff I like that I can afford, other than stuff that's on ebay because someone else has already decided it looks old and tired...Oh, and finding stuff to fit of course - that's another challenge. I'm a lot bigger than I was in my twenties...but then so is the rest of the human race!

I give thanks for completing another lengthy round in the Warm Home Discount saga. I've benefited from this for some years but you have to re-apply each time. and this time all manner of technical difficulties have befallen me before I even get anywhere near the eligibilty process. I've yet to even get my hands on the correct paper or pixel form!

I give thanks for a message about some cheap colour co-ordinating fabric I ordered for my rag rug. Apparently there's a bit of a misprint and a crooked cut edge on the piece the seller has left so he wondered if I'd mind extra but substandard for the same price. Obviously in the circumstances no, I don't mind at all, that will do very nicely indeed thank you!


I give thanks for listening to the rustling leaves across the road as I waited for the bus this afternoon. In spring they zing, in summer they sigh, in autumn they rattle and then they're gone. Bit of a metaphor for life there I reckon...

I give thanks for getting to gong town early so I could enjoy a generous take away cuppa and a pack of two stem ginger cookies for a total of £1.30. Plus the beach, which was free...and almost entirely free of people...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics