Tuesday 13 November 2012

And relax

Early yesterday evening my neighbour upstairs stumbled home just as I was about to do my Shiatsu and meditate, so I was very grateful when things went so quiet afterwards it seemed she must have gone straight out again. The session went well and gave me a lovely mellow feeling which lasted through my tea and bath. I found myself giving thanks yet again for hair to tie up and warm water to wallow in, and wondering if I'll ever take them for granted again. Mr Rhodes made me laugh out loud once more, this time for managing to combine Aberystwyth camera obscura and Lady Gaga in the same passage...they could set that as a challenge for creative writing students I'm sure! I even remained philosophical when her upstairs awoke just as I was drifting off and hauled me back to awakeness once or twice even without being especially unreasonably noisy. Poor sound insulation blights many properties...Laura lives in quite an old terraced house and says she can hear the man next door blowing his nose! You can hardly complain to Environmental Health about things like that...

Lots of thanks for getting all the chores done today including stowing away the Tesco delivery. It was a much bigger shop than I usually do but as a result I had a £12.00 off voucher plus I saved £19.12 in special offers...result! Also for putting some of that defrosted pastry and homemade mincemeat to good use by making a few quick mince pies for an afternoon snack with Laura...and to Laura herself for covering with lining paper where the damaged wallpaper had to come off in the kitchen. It's a bit of wall that's even more unattractive when naked as when covered with stained wallpaper so this is rather a relief. I'm grateful I've managed to throw a few odds and ends together for my evening meal and that it's cooking as I write this, as I suspect when I've finished I won't feel like doing anything more lifting a fork and clicking a remote control for a while. It's been a busy bustly couple of days, and it's great that I've risen to the challenges but time to climb back down again now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics