Tuesday 6 November 2012

Bright and beautiful

Mmmm. Date and cinnamon porridge again today. It's what winter's been waiting for!* 

I give thanks for the dazzle of sun on the sea through the increasingly bare branches outside. The angle of the rays this time of year can make it almost too bright to look at sometimes...


I'm very grateful that, by light of day, the swag from yesterday's shopping trip still seems so splendid...Naked bath foam a snip at a pound a bottle in Savers...Naked is a brand in case you're wondering. An Argos 'value range' drill...I remember when 'value range' meant things like watery tinned tomatoes and sawdust tea bags, don't you? A titanium bit and driver set. Sequins and Stanley carpet blades..Miniature bows, boot socks and a second hand novel. I like all kinds of things...

I'm grateful too that although I'm very tired today I have a much better reason than just boring old health problems - collecting and carrying all that stuff was quite a physical task!

Gratitude to Laura for coming to help with some of the jobs around the place, including putting my new drill to good use enlarging the holes on my dresser drawers so the new knobs fit. Image to follow as they say...it's taken me about ten days to get the shiny sea one up!

*I wrote that earlier and then read Pat's comment on my last post...it's just oats cooked with dates and a sprinkle of cinnamon, in water or milk or rice milk or whatever you have to hand. It's how I usually cook porridge because it's so irresistible and easy and needs no extra sugar. Good job I'm not really Scottish - it wouldn't be allowed!

1 comment:

  1. My mother used to make real nasty lumpy porridge with oats from a carton, with a picture of a man putting the shot, wearing a kilt on the front. YUK!
    Happy to say I like porridge, have put dates & cinnamon on my shopping list, if mum had used dates it would have put a whole new meaning on 'lumps'.
    I give great gratitude that mother never put me off porridge for life. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics