Saturday 3 November 2012

Curtain call

Heavens, I'm tired! I was almost on my way to bed and remembered I hadn't written my blog...quick, I must think of things while I'm still awake...

I'm grateful for a wonderfully long hot relaxing bath yesterday evening...for the beautiful beaming sunshine warming up my flat in the morning and for bustling around a bit and getting the chores done before Jared and Tara came...and when Jared and Tara said they were delayed for finding something else to. I decided to take one of my bedroom curtains down attach the lining I'd partly made for it. Getting the knots undone in the Rufflette cords was almost impossible...in fact for a long time I thought it WAS impossible and I was berating myself for not tying them in the easy undo way I usually do however many years ago it was I last tied them. They were ready made unlined curtains first of all, and then they were given a sewn in lining, and then extended when I moved here with an extra pair I had, and now are having another lining layer added to be better insulated. This latest process had seemed to be a bit of a botch process and I was expecting to wince when I hung it back up but apart from the fact the hem is still to be done, and a visit from the iron wouldn't go amiss, it looks great and the curtain hangs so much better,  so I am grateful and astonished in equal measure!

I give thanks to Jared and Tara for the pleasure of their company and to Tara for treating us to fish and chips. For the fireworks and bonfire scenically positioned on opposite beaches, sky lanterns and stars and only the lightest of showers...and chocolate to eat in the cosy car while waiting for queues to clear. I'm grateful my bed and book are calling now and that I am free to answer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics