Monday 26 November 2012

Old guys rule

Last night I gave thanks to Richard E Grant for showing us some more fantastically extravagant hotel glimpses. I don't have Sky for its own channels and the premise of this programme would normally have left me disinterested, but his charming exuberance makes it especially entertaining. Some are born middle aged, some have middle age thrust upon them and some rebel against its onslaughts with a defiance that would make a teenager proud...Bring it on, Mr G! Respect also to Alan Rickman (always, but particularly) for appearing a) apparently naked and b) in romantic competition with Colin Firth in his latest comedy film. Not bad for nearer seventy than not! I wonder if they adhere to the guidelines on here....'studies have shown' chocolate, marriage, housework, muscles and t-shirts (From Old Guys Rule?) keep men in good condition  http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/5-surprising-health-boosters-men-091909713.html

For some reason talking of superannuated adolescence has reminded me to give great thanks that Peter has agreed to meet me after my appointment tomorrow for a drive down the other side of the estuary and a spot of late breakfast. Me and that bony dude with the agricultural implement hung out together for long enough for any emotional support to be largely unnecessary even if the news were not healthy, but it's an hour each way to the hospital on public transport and it would be good to do something else with the day when I get there.

I give thanks for the ever changing weather prospects and performance. It's so strange to go to sleep with a storm raging at the windows and to wake up and it's calm, the sky is streaked with watery blue and the birds tweeting updates to all around. I give thanks for being able to enjoy the drama without any crises, for being (mostly) warm and dry throughout the storms and for a Centre Point advertisement reminding me not to be smug about being snug...

Also for the golden hour which brings autumn colours to the tree outside even when the branches are bare...they won't keep still in the breeze though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics