Sunday 11 November 2012

Precious

Mmm, ylang ylang in my bath yesterday... how essential is that aroma?  There was a large handful of Epsom salts as well, and I'd drunk both cider vinegar with manuka honey (and lots of hot water!) and Silver Needles tea during the day as well to try and shift the joint pain and I give thanks a) for thinking I can help myself, and b) that they are less stiff an painful today. I don't care if I'm kidding myself, if it's a placebo effect or whatever it was that well intentioned man on Cancerchat used to say... quackery and lonely old woman wanting to feel better about themselves? Something like that anyway... The thing is I feel physically a bit more comfortable today and I'm quite comfortable with whatever the reason may be! 

I give thanks for the absorbing novel I'm reading by Dan Rhodes. I like it so much, as indeed I have others he has written, that I feel almost like writing to tell him, but I'm kind of off writing to people I don't know, who might think it impudent or who might wonder why I think they should care about my opinion. I guess if I was on Twitter I might tweet him...if he was. A job for a little bird called Dan O I think! You never know about people do you? You might think because you have things in common you are friends in some way, and one of the things I like about his writing is he writes about things like that. He also includes bodily functions, not in a prurient way but as if to counter balance the curious rule that they are omitted from most fiction but are a part of fact. This used to puzzle me a lot as a child when I first learnt to read proper books and watch films and TV programmes. Mr Rhodes also (through a couple of his characters) uses a particular expression for the way artists talk and write about their work which is almost exactly the same as the one I use myself but I suspect some of you might not want to hear on a Sunday, so I'll omit that too!

I give thanks for an enjoyable few hours with Clive who agreed, as he'd the use of a car, that staying indoors on such a glorious winter's day would have been rather a waste. I'm grateful for the jobs he managed to squeeze around a magical mystery tour to find a spot to eat our mince pies with clotted cream and drink our flask of tea. We ended up on a village green in warm sunshine and very nice too.

I'm grateful I've managed to persuade a loose cable connector at the back of my Sky box to fulfil its purpose a little while longer as I'm out of warranty with the kit, that I've managed to remember how I made those flowers for my new jumper as I've decided I want a couple more and for freezer released left over veggie curries for my tea.

This post is dedicated to Duncan, who lost his precious grandad today and to Chris who lost all that was precious to him and who died in what First Great Western called a deliberate non suspicious act not far from here or long ago. Sometimes words fail me...

1 comment:

Web Statistics