Friday 2 November 2012

Dress down Friday

Well, let's see... I have to give thanks for dodging all the heavy showers the last couple of days. Today I've not been outside so it was pretty simple, but yesterday did tax my superpowers a bit. It went so dark during my treatment that Rachel had to put the light on to get the needles out! Afterwards, feeling a rather less achy and tired, I went to look at the sea and it was such a wonderful sight with the sky a dark blue grey and the water paler greener grey. The tankers and headlands were brightly lit by the slanting late afternoon sunlight and stood out very clearly detailed, looking like an improbable cut and paste, whilst the furthest parts of the coast appeared to be floating above the water on little mirage clouds of their own. Absolutely amazing! Since then the major challenge has been dodging the snoozes...

I give thanks for having my tea made yesterday evening, and company too...and for all the yummy leftovers that meant I didn't have to cook again today. I've appreciated a really lazy dolittle time with agreeably undemanding fiction and TV - Richard E Grant enthusiastically inspecting some lush hotels and a laugh out loud Halloween special Come Dine With Me. I finally swapped pyjamas for some old clothes as I wanted to put a bit of paint on a door before the last of it went off in the tin...and was very grateful to Laura for doing such a good job with the first coat so I didn't have to try too hard with the second! It won't be long before I change into my birthday suit for a bath and then back into pyjamas methinks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics