Monday 5 November 2012

Good things...

The pain in my knees woke me up very early this morning...booh! And then the cold kept me awake...hooh! But then I got up and made date and cinnamon porridge...hooray! I had some rice milk to use up so I cooked the oats in that and it was so creamy and delicious...hip, hip, hooray, hooray!

That was my first breakfast...my second one (an early lunch if you're not a hobbit I suppose) was a fish finger sandwich. Great gratitude for that as well...the catering department here know how to set you up for a busy day! I'm grateful that Chris the taxi man was able to squeeze in taking me to the doctor's and that the nurse taking blood was so cheery and chatty and still able to keep to the schedule so that I could catch the bus up river for some shopping I needed to do. 

The bits I wanted were mostly to do with offering to make some 'little' Christmassy things to help fill up a friend's craft stall. I've been experimenting with my purchases and have produced just one item so far... When I say little...



I have a range of styles in mind dictated by the yarns and decorations I found. They'd be ideal to hang up for Santa to fill with little gifts like sweets, or money or jewelry perhaps...don't you think? Well even if you don't think, I think I'll be making a few more as they are easy and fun...

Finally tonight thanks to all those folks with money to burn who've been letting off such great fireworks nearby. There's a few organised displays locally this evening so I've been astonished and delighted by the quality and quantity of the back garden ones I've seen!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Angel, a shopping question, have just bought some Dorset cereals raspberry porridge as a change from Quaker. You mentioned date and cinnamon anyone's in particular, or is it one you make up yourself? Sounds like an interesting change from fruit bread toast and coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics