Tuesday 20 November 2012

Recess

Even the footballing cat has been quiet since I got home yesterday and I've been very grateful for the peacefulness to enhance the great taking it easy that's been required. There were several things I felt I ought to do this morning, for various reasons, and I was much blessed by an 'unputdownable' book that had to be picked up again and again on little rest breaks between these tasks. It's a compilation of writings by Helen Forrester about her suddenly poverty stricken childhood in the 1930s and it reminded me a little of The Little Princess I read and re read as a child. Comparisons to others' lives are not, on the whole, a good idea but it does depend who or what you compare yourself to and reading a true story like this can remind us of the great good fortune of our times, depressed and recessed though they may be...
I give thanks I've finished my Christmas crafts for the stall and hope that some purchases are made and my favourite local charities can benefit. Looking forward to getting back to some other projects again...Gratitude too that my new steam cleaner fits so neatly in the Henry bag because Henry's don't, do they? And I'm grateful that this post has posted so neatly as the new Blogger interface, Android and I have found ourselves less than compatible at times *
I'm very grateful to Laura for coming to help with the I just can't do it myself any more this afternoon. It's a shame our plans were more grandiose than our capabilities given the timescale allowed and she had to dash off leaving me with a lot of stuff needing putting back where it belonged and a large urgent vacuuming job needing doing. I'm grateful I've done some of these jobs and can get to the sofa again! Methinks there won't be a great deal of moving off it for the rest of the day...
* pre post positive affirmation, not post post comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics