Thursday 29 November 2012

Swiss roll

I'm grateful for a better night's sleep. The joints have been rather more generous lately and I left my bedroom heater on 'anti freeze' so the cold didn't wake me up either. For waking up to a beautiful sunny morning (when I'd de-fogged the window) with a bright white plane and contrail slicing across a deep blue sky.

The weather was too glorious to miss and I was very grateful for getting myself moving and out there before my dental appointment and between that and the acupuncture one... Numerous mature couples were heading along the sea wall to marvel at the mudslide now blocking too much of the line for any trains to be running at all, but I had to get back into town and enjoyed watching an enthusiastic black lab running for a ball instead. Last week it was all grey and churning spray and this time flat sea and pools reflecting the shades from above. Always changing and always wonderful...

I'm grateful my dentist was able to restore a 'restoration' and my Radar key enabled access to a clean, spacious and necessary loo...and for one last broccoli and stilton turnover left for me again at the Swiss patisserie. I took it down to eat by the beach and then went back for one of their special handmade chocolate novelties for a gift, and then couldn't resist one of their little handmade chocolates to try...only it was nearly needle time so I got one for Rachel too...and then afterwards what goes around came around and the shop owner made her a big mug of tea with the treat of a Christmas cake slice from the same bakers and Rachel shared those with me!



She had to go for her next patient then and I looked out of the window as I finished my portion and saw this strange shape in the sky. It seems almost familiar but I can't think why...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics