Sunday 4 November 2012

Combinations

Mmm, that was a wonderfully early night! I actually had one on Friday too and read a little before listening to the sound of waves breaking as I fell asleep, but last night I fell asleep before I'd turned out the light let alone picked up my book! The book was Julian Clary's Briefs Encountered and I have to say, for someone who can't answer a letter, he writes rather well (miaow!)

I give thanks for a very enjoyable Grand Prix. The Abu Dhabi trackside is stylish and beautiful and in a boring race can be a distraction, but this one was full of thrills and spills plus I'm always entertained by Kimi Raikkonin's 'And your point is?' style...Nordic Noir on wheels is Kimi!

Gratitude too for the inspired teatime idea of combining the recipes for spinach and feta pie and potatoes dauphinoise. Very good indeed, and if you want to know what inspired me: it was having no filo but some spinach and cream needing eating up...

Special thanks to all the neighbourhood souls who, despite the rain, have set off fireworks where I can see them from my windows tonight, and also to Bob for advising he is planning to come down again for Christmas, and I've put sausages and Coca Cola on my next Tesco order straight away!

1 comment:

  1. I've missed most of the fireworks this year with being so busy, but the house were moving to has a massive display on the fied oppisite every year, so I'm really looking forward to watching them from my bedroom window next year! :)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics