Saturday 24 November 2012

Having a tinkle

Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to write on here. Sometimes I don't actually feel particularly grateful for many aspects of my life. There are things I'd prefer considerably less of, and others - not the things that Mastercard is any good for unfortunately - of which I'd like a whole lot more...

Something I've noticed though as the practice behind this blog becomes more of a habit is that despite despondency and even despair about such matters I can remain aware of, and aware of gratitude for others. So I'm very grateful for that! Last night for instance, with a very uncomfortable body and mind, I could still appreciate the relative comfort of my bed.

Today I've been grateful for clothes to keep me warm and dry, leg strength to take me down to the sea, and cosiness to come home to again including a large jacket potato with leeks and mushrooms in cream cheese and pesto sauce. For people to chat to a little while, for a hilarious episode of QIXL from a few weeks ago and that my grandmother's musical box that stopped working thirty years or so ago...until last night...is still happy to provide a tinkle whenever required!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics