Monday 19 November 2012

Now now people

When my alarm went off this morning I wasn't even the teensiest weensiest bit grateful but I knew I had to get up and eat something before my pre scan fast, and I did give thanks that I did that in the allotted time. Often I can happily go for hours into the day with nothing more substantial inside me than a Yeo Valley yoghurt, but you know what it's like when you're denied something - you instantly and persistently desire it. Getting ready to go out all seemed a tremendous effort...and then, at last, I was on the train listening to favourite tunes and watching the sea getting all worked up and moody and full of the joys of appreciation again. Particular thanks to Canned Heat today. I was twelve when I first heard Let's Work Together...'Ooh, what's that?' I thought, 'I'd like some more of that!'

The things I wanted to do in the city centre went smoothly...I even found a cafe where the food was resistable! I was very grateful there's a bus right to the hospital door as I was shattered by then...so also quite content to sit down for an hour with a horrid drink and and interesting secondhand book I'd bought at the shop at the station here for that very purpose. I give thanks for wearing clothes that were easily take off and put onable (remember the central heating tortoise?) and surprising the other patients by going round collecting their empty cups to throw away (everyone always just sits holding them like it's part of the procedure!)

Great thanks, if no great surprise, that the major rain held off until I'd caught the bus home...and that it was still daylight when I did so I could see the sea (in a right strop by then!). Grateful too I could keep eyelid and sofa glue at bay until I'd changed into tracky bottoms and fluffy socks and had a cup of tea...and that some kind and thoughtful person has left a pan of veggie stew out for me. Now who could that be? Oh, yes...me! Thanks me!

1 comment:

  1. glad your back safe n sound,fluffy socks and all : )

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics