Tuesday 27 November 2012

Funny old thing

Yesterday afternoon I was fretting a little that my Tesco delivery might not come as I hadn't had the text advising of the likely time in the two hour slot and it was right at the end of it when the man with the van arrived. The note to call on arrival was missed off his list as well but he thought it sounded like me and decided to ring anyway, though he didn't need to as by then I had seen his van and was on the doorstep panting for provisions! I'm a bit of a food hoarder, I wouldn't really have gone hungry for a while, don't you fret either!

Later I had 'her upstairs' having a drunken rant on the landing that the the freeholder wanted his money and I'd better get my finger out etc. The tribunal decided some time ago, as was only right and proper, that his only legal recourse to payment was to request legal sums in a legal manner and I really do wish he would and be done with it! I was very grateful I had the chain on the door though quite what it had to do with her I'm not sure.

This morning I was grateful I remembered my skirt! If you've been wearing leggings for a few days, tights on their own feel not too different but, I suspect in this funny old thing we call society, they would not be considered acceptable attire! I was grateful the hospital was warmer than the bus and the surgeon, treated me with the good humour and respect I've come to expect from him...though I realise it's best to have as few expectations in life as possible! This afternoon I had an even more delightful than expected trip out with Peter, taking in places I'd not been to for years and even some I'd never been to before! And as afternoon turns into evening I am experiencing something I honestly cannot remember the last time I did...I am having my dinner cooked while I do whatever I like! I like this a lot! Though using someone else's computer is proving surprisingly challenging...if there's legibility and intelligibility in this post there will be post post gratitude I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics