Monday 12 November 2012

Wind up

Yesterday I was out enjoying the late autumn countryside in sun, today I'm tired and want to take it easy and it's rather been rather grey and damp. Oh, happy is the life of a weather goddess!

Last night after struggles with the TV (it's only a tiny thing that needs adjusting but you need to move round large heavy things to do it!) I'd pretty much run out of steam and daylight to do anything very creative while watching it, but I did put into action a cunning plan I'd had for saving (without tangles) short leftover lengths of that multi coloured yarn I've been using. Ta daa! Inspired by those little thread cards you get in mini sewing kits, of course. Bit of old cardboard box, away you go... 




I wrote that earlier and now am winding down after a day that wasn't actually all that restful! I give great thanks today for finally getting the freezer defrosted. It had got to the stage when the door wouldn't close tightly and then it becomes urgent whether you've eaten all the ice cream or not! I hadn't...and there was quite a lot of other stuff requiring preserving in its solid (and weighty) state but, apart from some pastry, everything survived the ordeal including me, and the pastry just needs to be used which isn't so dreadful is it? I'm grateful too for a hefty Tesco order on its way tomorrow taking advantage of many special offers to stock up with non essential nibbles for the coming weeks as well as normal shopping items. For the last of the golden leaves hanging on on the trees outside to astound me with their brightness and for an oh wow glimpse of pink stripey sky just after sunset today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics