Thursday 8 November 2012

As if

Yay! My new Streak is on the next leg of its journey, travelling with Rachel to the acupuncture treatment rooms. Mercury in retrograde is not the easiest time for getting a replacement phone and there have been a few hiccups and hiccoughs along the way. Luckily I've been able to coax the screen of the old one by keeping it fairly still and turning it off every time the lines start to creep across it. If you've not had a broken LCD screen you might wonder what I had for breakfast, but if you have you'll be nodding sagely I'm sure!

I didn't give thanks for falling asleep straight after my tea yesterday but I know my body must have needed the rest...and I was very grateful when I woke up very late this morning and remembered, when I went into the kitchen, that I'd stirred myself to do the washing up in between! I never sleep straight through...there's always a stirring and rearranging of limbs and tubes with grunts of discomfort and pain, and bed covers - I have a small range of comfortable temperatures and am easily too hot or too cold. In the morning I sometimes wish there was someone there bring me a cup of tea...but in the night I'm grateful I have no one to disturb, and also that I don't have to get up to pee fifteen times any more! This morning all the joints were very stiff and sore and getting out of bed and getting the necessaries done seemed as likely as climbing the Himalayas as I felt as if I just had...So I just lay there with my eyes closed grateful that for a little while I didn't have to try. And then the sun's rays hit the bedroom wall in such a way that they landed on my face all warm and encouraging...and gradually, with lots of sitting down bits, I've got all the many things done I have to do before leaving for the outside world. Particular thanks, now that I'm dressed, for remembering to remove the scratchy label from a newish T-shirt. Time very well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics