Friday 18 September 2015

Good books

I give thanks for good books - that make you think, or make you forget to think about things you'd really rather not, that tell you things you didn't know (or things you knew inside but didn't realise anyone else felt or understood), that transport you to unglimpsed places or reunite you with the familiar, that make you laugh or maybe sometimes cry a little in an empathetic way... 

You can get all of the above from people of course, but if you're short of the kind of friends you get to spend time with, to do things together or just hang out and talk with, a book or two is another way of being other than just being alone inside your head. I give thanks for knowing this...

I give thanks that I can read, and have access to words that enthrall me... I give thanks that I can write too, and thus am somehow what I always wished to be - a 'writer'. I give thanks for knowing this too...

But most of all today I give thanks for friends that read between the lines and see that out to play is where I often wish to be too. They are always in my good books... 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing so eloquently about your reading today. But you often articulate my own thoughts or feelings about life in all its guises into your posts and so thank you for that too. I appreciate your appreciation of everyday wonders. Reading your blog is a pleasure at the end of my day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment! It's good to be appreciated...and be told :-)

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics