Wednesday 23 September 2015

Not on my watch

I'm grateful for having a right old rant at the universe last night. I know plenty about learning and growing from difficult experiences... but one particular situation I just thought and thought about and could not come up with anything other than 'You know what? I have learnt nothing of value from this at all! This was so not what was supposed to happen next!' And this morning the universe said 'Yep - we know, just testing you! If you're absolutely sure...' and sent a man with a van full of tea and tenderness to take me up on the moor and be silly and happy with, and shake our heads in wonder at the way that things can be.

So I give thanks for the night watch soul searching, and for making sure that I was sure. I give thanks for avoiding (as far as is possible by this human anyway) expectations, assumptions, fears, doubts and other bummers. I give thanks for trust, faith, taking chances, for taking on the universe and saying 'Oh, give me a break!' For having it affirmed that it really is absolutely, unequivocally, awesomely, amazingly OK to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics