Thursday 17 September 2015

The hungry walker

I give thanks for a splodge of gold in the sky at sunset, for a better morning than night, and a better afternoon than morning...

I give thanks for arranging to meet Jenny in town to make the doing of our chores seem more pleasurable...and, as my chores turned out to be mostly undoable, it made the trip seem more purposeful for me as well.

I give thanks for finding and buying a baby hob kettle, and enjoying pots of the finest speciality tea in town (plus a large slice of carrot cake to fill a snack gap in my middle) while we discussed the challenges of accepting and appreciating what is...other than fine tea and cake of course, which is rarely a problem! This sculpture was just being installed in the cafe after gracing the seafront for a while, so I'm grateful I have a 'library picture' to refer back to.

I give thanks for a lift home. I was grateful for still feeling quite vigorous and strong enough to walk down the hill in the first place but enough appetite working up for one day I think...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics