Sunday 6 September 2015

Transit champ

Today I thought I was going to do something nice with someone nice, but I misjudged the niceness of the someone so, as I'd bought an expensive ticket, I'm grateful I decided to carry on and make the best of the day on my own anyway.

I'm grateful for a bright early autumn morning, to tempt me on my way, reminding me that despite the unexpected and sometimes unwelcome twists and turns, I'm still on my own journey.


I'm grateful for the enthralling photos in the exhibition and these windows pretending to be pictures outside...for the gold leaf that ran down the steps to meet me as I drew near the park, for snoozing in the sunshine on the grass and gazing up at the full spread trees.

I'm grateful for the delicious falafels and vine leaves from a Lebanese restaurant and for the exquisite lucid light fading into sunset as the train headed south. And I'm grateful for a long chat with Mima who by a more auspicious twist was booked on the same departure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics