Wednesday 16 September 2015

Extra time

I give thanks for riding the ups and downs of the day, and for the GP who rang me this evening looking out of the window during the call and saying she could see 'mad' surfers in the rain riding their own. Last time a doctor rang me they were talking about the vintage caravans outside poised ready for posing for filming - I'm grateful I encourage them to take time to notice more than symptoms!

I give thanks for making a delicious Eve's pudding from the free apples at the essential oil shop, and munching on that at intervals throughout the day as well as other ready steady cook type concoctions from what was to hand. I give thanks for being hungry...and for having good food to eat.

I give thanks for irreverent chuckles at rather rude Rudetube clips, and a very touching one made by a Norwegian son to promote the romantic potential of his mother who didn't see what anyone would see in her.

I give thanks for the life and peaceful passing of Biddy, a new friend but a good one, an old friend but young at heart, and someone else who had beaten many odds and understood how odd this can make your views on things compared to those whose time doesn't seem so borrowed.

I give thanks for what happened in this traffic jam in Somerset. There's shorter clips out there but it's pretty much my favourite piece of music ever so I went for the longest one I could find...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLroraZCEb4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics