Thursday 10 September 2015

Seven year bitch


The picture's technically irrelevant, but I'm grateful I found one that somehow expresses my emotions this incredibly physically and psychologically demanding day anyway. I give thanks for the people who tried to make it better and for trying to make it better for the people I encountered on the way.

Seven years ago this afternoon I was told that I had cancer. What to say from the heart that's heart warming about this bitchingly hard, long and lonely chunk of my existence?

I give thanks for the times when I didn't feel in danger

when I didn't feel in pain

when I didn't feel scared

when I didn't feel stuck

when I didn't feel alone

when I felt I couldn't deal with something and managed anyway

when I faced death with dignity

when I faced life without hope

when I remembered I am all I have

and all I have to do

is keep on

loving


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics