Saturday 12 September 2015

Patient's rewarded

Well, my hopes of a better night and feeling more well today didn't come to be at first at all, so it was a hard old slog to town to get a bag of groceries, and to the Post Office to collect my mail but I was particularly grateful I did as there was a huge box of flowers to pick up that would have been a bit limp by Monday! Much thanks to Gary and Stephy for those...


I was grateful for running into one of the many lovely Jennies I know for a quick chat after queueing there, but by then I'd reached sit down or fall down stage so before I could do more I stopped for a reviving cuppa at a well known local supermarket cafĂ©...or a long Wait in a short queue more like. I'm grateful for remembering to point out to my fellow sufferers, in the general tutting and head tossing at unbelievably slow disorder with which they dealt with our orders, that we must feel sorry for the staff on the receiving end of all the grumpy looks and mutters. And I'm grateful I got an extra five mins sit down while they worked out how to make a pot of tea and carry it to my table...and then go back for milk!

I'm grateful for buying hasty tasty things for my meals over the next weekend, before another lengthy wait for a cab home (if I'd ordered it before the cup of tea it would have turned out just right!)... but I was quite grateful for that too because it was a lovely sunny breezy day to be outdoors and there was a wall to lean on...

I'm grateful for an offer from Laura to go out for a walk, as though clearly that was beyond me, she was happy to take me for a drive to a car park with a view instead, and maybe a little gentle stroll, and maybe an ice cream...and maybe a drive up the river for a cup of tea...and maybe some chips to share...or maybe - ooh one of those delicious mezzes! I give thanks for a lovely late afternoon and early evening with her discussing everything from changes in political leadership to altering sewing patterns (oh, and maybe the odd boy or two, ha ha!)...it's lovely to be in good company, no surprise there, but even more gratitude for the surprise of feeling well enough to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics