Sunday 20 September 2015

Wild inside

I give thanks for it starting out sunny today so I had visions of going out to play again, but that it clouded over and I used remnants of spare energy perhaps more sensibly doing seated tai chi, standing ironing and donning rubber gloves to sort out some of the incorrectly filled communal recycling bins.

I give thanks for a patch of peacefulness in the proximity this afternoon to immerse myself in the film Wild, which I'd been waiting to come out on DVD and ordered from the library as soon as I saw it was there (and which the watching of which Rachel and I had as a back up plan if our plan to go a bit wild ourselves fell apart!) It's a true story of finding amazing within yourself whatever you've lost and whatever you've found along the way... I give thanks for knowing walking further than you think you can and 'putting yourself in the way of beauty' are damn fine ways to do it.*  And I give thanks for knowing that simply being by yourself and/or being outdoors work well as well...

*See the film if you don't know what the latter phrase means...it's always there somewhere if you look!

I give thanks that I'm still being and growing... and knitting squares for the heartwarming patchwork blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics