Saturday 26 September 2015

In process

I give thanks that Laura is going to teach a sewing class and has offered to run up a top for me as one of her ones she 'made earlier'. I give thanks that after we'd arranged for her to come and pick up the fabric yesterday evening, I thought in the morning to ask her if she'd like to stay for tea. Usually when I ask her this she says she needs to get back for something or other so it was quite a surprise when she answered my text so swiftly in the affirmative - turns out she was extra grateful for the offer as she'd woken up to find her cooker had just died!

I give thanks for a very fun and funny evening, and delicious easy food from various supermarkets including Waitrose ginger choc ices.

I give thanks taking it easy today and for a mostly quiet day on the terrace to do it. I give thanks for a good book and a snooze and a gentle potter with the creative and domestic tasks after a busy and sociable week for me.

And I give thanks for the people in my life at the moment...I have to add 'at the moment' because I also give thanks that I know that friendships, like any other kind of relationships, are processes not things because that's what things (and people) are! Hope that you don't have too much trouble processing that thought...and that you are grateful for yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics