Tuesday 22 September 2015

Postscript

I give thanks for a lovely comment on a blog post a couple of days ago, it's nice to know my words appreciated sometimes.

I give thanks for working on a long running crochet conundrum this morning whilst cogitating on some social ones...

I give thanks for zooming in with my camera and still not knowing what it was I could see out to sea - giant's garden furniture perhaps?


I give thanks for spreading some mirth in the breast screening unit, and for meeting Jenny afterwards for a cuppa in a supermarket on the edge of town I've not shopped in before. I give thanks for realising I've not missed much, though I guess I'm not their target market, to be fair and I did get a nice loaf of bread and some alioli.

I give thanks for the Greek deli being open and for discovering they are always shut on Mondays so that I needn't panic again. I have real feta, delicious home made hummus and a custard bun and look forward to trying the rest of their wares. I guess I am exactly the target market they're aiming for there!

I give thanks for being polite at the Post Office when they insisted they still didn't have the mail I knew they should have, and toddling home to ring up and complain yesterday's complaint had done nothing. It was a short wait for the bus, and a bit of a slog up the hill with the weight of the shopping but when I turned on to the terrace for some reason I was fascinated by an unmarked vehicle parked in the road and a hi-vis vested chap wandering about and captured him with my gaze so he was ready to speak to me when I arrived...and explain he was looking for my flat with a large pile of mail he'd been directed to deliver. Technically the execution of the was still wrong, of course, but the timing was so perfect I could do nothing but gratefully bring my pile of ebay treasure home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics