Friday 28 April 2017

Cat calls

I give thanks I speak call centre. Anyone who's worked in one, emotionally scarred though they may be, will have picked up some skills to enable them to create a kind of empathy with advisors who hold their account life on their screens. Of course they may still click on all the things you wish they wouldn't...but they will do it with the impression that the customer cares!

I give thanks I can also produce a stonking paralegal document or letter, and that ones sent recently seem to be producing results. Fool if you think you can ride roughshod over the will of the law...and me! I always prefer to do it chummy and cazh...but I can be chillingly formal, and downright scary if required. The chap I was talking to today worked in Cardiff so I had first hand experience of his office environment, but also remembered terrorising a hotel receptionist when I did a stint there by brandishing my sharp tongue. This seriously impressed my colleague (male, obviously!) but, with hindsight, I give thanks I try to be kinder now.

I give thanks for doing some of the useful things I needed to do in town and something useful when I got back - attacking the tricksy door lock with a screw driver and some WD40. Having had a few tussles with it earlier I was scared to shut myself out and see if it worked, but Laura came round a little later and used her keys with no trouble at all so I suspect it might have helped. I give thanks for a good old catch up natter...and that she loved my new mugs, I knew she would as she finds Moorish design as moreish as I do...


I give thanks for this collection of companionable but self contained cats - none of whom actually live in the garden with the table I might add...

For someone on a mission they weren't looking forward to finding something to smile about and sending me a photo to prove it (suits you sir!)...and for someone else, sharing a seemingly impossible mission with me this week having another attempt. We have all become so used to doing things on line it can be quite perplexing when we find we can't...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics