Sunday 23 April 2017

Subject to contract

I give thanks for the pearly sea yesterday evening. For the golden light just after sunrise. For a pillow to rest my weary head on in between...and a duvet to wrap around my weary heart.

For finding out a flat I'd had my eye on for a while is now sold subject to contract...because though it's better to have faith and hope, it's better it's not misplaced...

For 'reaching out' to other people a little (albeit mostly virtually) as I'm subject to contraction myself when I'm feeling sad. For honouring the sadness but trying not to dwell...though there are so many contributory factors it's hard to avoid encountering or considering them at all. For keeping on noticing things to be grateful for...remembering and noting them down even though sometimes it's hard to remember why...

For Mima inviting me to her place for lunch in her almost sunny courtyard...nice anyway, but always a bonus when your cooker doesn't work! For walking there without discomfort - which obviously doesn't mean a lot if you don't know the distance between but it's a further distance than I've walked in one go since the s word, so that's all you need to know!

For winning a battle with the freezer door by means of a hairdryer. For winning a battle with the downstairs door with a little help from my friend...

For these pretty trees in their underwear as murkiness sets in... For all the folk who thought this post title meant something far more jolly. Keep believing on my behalf please will you? Because sometimes I struggle to keep doing it on my own...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics