Saturday 22 April 2017

The body dutiful

Well Easter came early and Easter came late this year. I give thanks for my second consumable treat arriving!

Um, ho hum...what else to say? I give thanks for waking very early but that it was morning and not still the night...for soon getting busy in the 4' 6" office. For getting out and doing what I set out to do despite both me and the weather being rather dispirited.

Sometimes you just have to feel the drear and do it anyway, especially when you need to go to places that shut at lunchtime. For the main road traffic moving quite freely so the cabs weren't too costly. For managing all the walking about and carrying quite easily though the wait at the rank was slow and standing still still quickly gets painful. For grinning to myself thinking a visitor to the town might look at the row of elderly and hobbling women on the corner keenly eyeing slow moving cars...and consider availing themselves of personal services elsewhere!

For finding somewhere where a cup of takeaway tea still costs a pound, watching the grey sea and grey sky and all the people passing by trying to let my low mood pass as well. For the kind young neighbour answering her bell and letting me in when the lock jammed in the downstairs door. For buying some plastic lidded boxes to sort some more stuff into and later making a start on that...though mostly just lying on the sofa wishing I could sort out me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics