Wednesday 12 April 2017

They're necessities

Yay! I give thanks for getting the bus to and from Rachel's acupuncture clinic as she's not been able to come here for a while. I couldn't decide exactly when to leave, as I'd planned to put some recycling into the bins on the way to the stop but an Openreach van was parked in the way...and I ummed and aahed and pottered about a bit and then suddenly thought 'Now is the time!' and it was as I met Christine also going for the same bus but on the way to a stop on a different road so we could easily have missed each other. I give thanks for her company on the journey there, and for the scenery there and back.

Although I got lucky a couple of times last week it's not often I get out for non necessities, so it's very nice to have things like lovely views and travelling companions to make essential outings more enjoyable. And of course just as I try to find the niceness in the necessary, sometimes I find the time/energy/money to simply slip some extra niceness in somewhere... I give thanks when I got off the bus to get in town tasks done before coming home I stopped to take away a tea and a little lemon meringue pie to a seafront seat as well.

I give thanks for lots of very pleasant unforecast sunshine, but for enough of a nip in the breeze to make me very glad I'd my coat and a scarf. For feeling so sore and exhausted on my return I could turn a blind eye to the stuff still strewn about in the Big Sort Out, and all the undone day to day chores. There's plenty of time to get it all under control - Easter weekend, like most traditional gathering times, is a time when I'm traditionally home alone and the phone is silent, so a pile of piles awaiting attention is a distraction to be very grateful for.

I give thanks for books to read and recorded TV to catch up with...for fish fingers and sliced bread to make a sandwich for an early tea...for enough cups and plates and crockery not to need to do the washing up afterwards...for managing to get the iced up freezer door to close again as I'm not ready to defrost it yet...for my bath and my bed waiting to take the weight off my feet a little later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics