Sunday 16 April 2017

Egg timing

I give thanks there was no need for an Easter egg hunt today - I've had one on top of the fridge awaiting seasonal attention for a few weeks now. Just what the doctor delivered! I give thanks I'm good at waiting too...

After my late start I give thanks for being able to stay awake later in the evening yesterday and enjoy Scandinavian people giving each other grief. The architecture, scenery and interior decor fascinates me as much as the story lines...and due to all the screening over here the Danish police headquarters must be now as familiar a landmark as the Little Mermaid. I give thanks for the ironing mysteriously being done when I got up this morning. Must have finished it while I was watching Department Q, I guess...which was a shame in a way as I meant to do it while keeping an eye on the Grand Prix today...

I give thanks for a flying Finn on pole... and on one of the steps of the podium. My sporting affiliations have as much to do with personal presentation as skill, thus as I prefer my racing drivers terse and cool I've a soft spot for the Finnish guys (and as I find exuberant tennis players endearing they're often French!)

I give thanks for the memory of last Sunday's summeriness. I've been struggling to get warm today, so as the race was set to record I went and had a hot bubbly bath, missing the start of the programme but reckoning I could fast forward through chit chat, adverts, safety cars etc. So, nicely cooked, wrapped in towel and dressing gown, I fetched some water and an apple (so pure - sometimes!), sat on the sofa and turned on the TV to discover it was on the right channel...and four red lights were on... five...green...and they're off! Eggsquisite timing!

I give thanks all being well I can have a couple of days out with Jan when she comes to stay. I'm grateful I'm getting all this long overdue sorting out and cleaning done but I seem to have gone straight from being hardly able to do a thing to hardly being able to stop...until I drop. Though it's all useful stuff I feel a great need to spend time on stuff in my life that's just for fun. You know the kind of thing I'm sure...activities (and inactivities) for relaxation and pleasure... going places, seeing people...people that aren't shopkeepers, cab drivers or medical professionals...well, unless they're having some time off themselves, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics